Sunday, February 19, 2012

No Turning Back

Dressed in my disguising costume, trying to decide if I should turn back or resume
Creeping and sneaking down the hallway of black
I thought to myself “How can I do such a thing?”
But then came the vivid memory of the violent smack
And as I held up the knife with the rush feeling of attack
I knew there was no turning back

Thoughts of my childhood, my dad as he stood
Then from within came the fear that there was no fighting back
He would angrily twist the whip, obviously drunk
Then the awful feeling of the very painful crack
And as I thrust the knife downward in attack
I knew there was no turning back

The blood was dark red as it seeped and stained the bed
I pushed and shoved the body to the floor with a big clack
And watched as his corpse lay there breathing no more air
I fled from the house slamming the door with a smack
This crime was horrible but would relief me from the dreadful flashback
And I knew there was no turning back

1 comment: