Sunday, February 26, 2012

It doesn't matter!

Life is made up of years that mean nothing and moments that mean it all.
Then why do I regret the past?
You're born, you die, and in between you make a lot of mistakes.
There are no mistakes in life, only lessons.
The why I'm I so afraid to make one?
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
Then why do I feel like I haven't changed?
Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump.
The greatest risk in life is not taking one.
Then why won't I jump?

Life isn't about keeping score.
It's not about how many people call you and it's not about who you've dated, are dating, or haven't dated at all. It isn't about who you've kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. It's not about your shoes or your hair or if you fat or thin. its not about the color of your skin or where you live or go to school.

In fact, it's not about grades, money, clothes, or colleges that accept you or not. Life isn't about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, and it's not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. its not about who wins the super bowl or who wins American idol. Life just isn't about that....

But life is about who you love and who you hurt. In life God doesn't give you the people you want, instead He gives you the people you need. To teach you, to hurt you, to love you, and make you exactly the way you should be. It's about how you feel about yourself. It's about trust, happiness, and compassion. Life is about avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance, and building confidence. The times in life, that seems to be the worst, always turn out for the best! It's about what you say and what you mean. It's about seeing people for who they are and not what they have.
Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one waits forever...

You only live once, so do everything twice.....

Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise. These choices are what life's about. I don't want to be the person that when I'm looking back at my life when I die and be regretting everything I did. I want to be saying "I'm glad I took that risk... I'm glad I made that mistake... I'm glad I jumped"

Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had...

1 comment:

  1. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" best line.

    ReplyDelete