Monday, March 5, 2012

Why me?
Why here?
 I see them handing it around the circle...
 Are these really my friends?
 It was getting closer and closer to me.
This stuff looked like crap in a bag.
Could it really hurt me just this once?
 Finally they handed it to me. “Try some, it won’t hurt…..”
Why me?
Why here?
I was looking at the clothes they were handing me…
Are these really my friends?
The skirts were so high and the shirts so tight.
You could see everything.
Would it really matter if I wore this one skanky shirt?
I see them standing behind me. “Wear it, it won’t hurt”
Why me?
Why here?
He hands me it.
Does he really like me?
The glass is cold to my hand.
The liquid inside the glass looks so inviting.
Could this one drink do any harm this one time?
He smiles at me. “Drink some, it won’t hurt”
“No, I'm OK I don’t do drugs…”
“No, I'm a good girl I don’t wear this…”
“No, thanks I don’t drink…”
Sometimes we let others control are future. but we shouldn't... we need to stand up for our self and have courage. courage is what it take to stand up and speak out! There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. we must have the courage to do what we know is morally right. We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot. Courage is knowing not to fear.


1 comment:

  1. This whole post was really real and powerful i love the quotes throughout this post. "Courage is knowing not to fear." I totally see that and i know that you know that it is more important to do what is morally right then to end up giving into peer pressure because of fear of what others will do or think about you.

    ReplyDelete